FIP - medicinforsøg

Endnu en kat, der tester FIP-medicin på UC Davis med foreløbig gode resultater efter 5 dage. Det er selvfølgelig ingenting, og det er set før, at det er kun er en kortvarig bedring. Men i hvert fald interessant at følge:

Og efter 5 uger:

Det er virkelig spændende læsning. Krydser fingre for lille Luna at hun bliver ved med at komme sig :kryds:

Her er en interessant artikel:

Helt bortset fra, at den afslører, at Newt Gingrich’ søster er engageret i kampen mod FIP, så er der også mindst et par interessant citater:

Pedersen, the “grandfather of cat health,” recently completed Phase One of a clinical trial. The results are expected to be published in the[I]Journal of Feline Medicine & Surgery[/I]. Using a classification of drug called a protease inhibitor (GC376 specifically), up to seven cats with FIP (of 20 total cats in the study) have gone into remission. Time will tell how long that remission will continue, but one cat, Smokey, is now about a year out.

Det her er da forholdsvis nyt, er det ikke:

Gingrich explains, “Today, a needle biopsy or a tissue sample can pick up dry FIP, or in cerebral spinal fluid to determine if the cat has dry FIP. As for wet FIP, we can now take fluid and actually find the FIP if it’s there.”
Years ago, FIP could only for certain be identified on necropsy (animal autopsy), but that is no longer the case.